Can you make quick decisions and lead others in an action-packed environment? This position will lead Safety, Environmental, Facilities and Security at the Petersburg, VA campus. Must be available support our 24/7 manufacturing operation. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience to include 5-10 years in a managerial role in a manufacturing facility along with 3-5 years' experience in leading EHS compliance. To be successful must have experience in leading during an emergency/critical incident. The ideal candidate will have prior accomplishments on leading others to complete projects on time and within budget.
Join our 100% Employee Owned Company
Brenco/ Amsted Rail has been changing lives and putting careers on the move for over 60 years. Come join a team where operational excellence, employee development, and continuous improvement are key success factors. Brenco located in Petersburg, Virginia, is the #1 US producer of tapered roller bearings in the railroad industry. Talented and motivated individuals will have the opportunity to do the best work of their lives with an established 60 year-old company.
Manages environmental, facilities, safety and security function for the Petersburg, VA location of Amsted Rail Company, Inc.
To accomplish this job successfully, the Facilities Manager must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The following are the end results and deliverables for which this position is held accountable.
- Provides overall leadership and direction to the safety, environmental and facilities engineer.
- Responsible for outside facilities contractors that have full-time on-site personnel for janitorial and security.
- Work in partnership with Director of HR on creating the strategic vision for safety, environmental, security and facilities.
- Lead large scale capital projects from conception to implementation.
- Accountable for compliance with OSHA standards, electrical standards, building codes, local fire department requirements, fire prevention and environmental regulations.
- Manages the operations of the recreational facilities and activities held at the facility. Provides seasonal staffing as required.
- Coordinates with insurance company representatives in loss control matters, responsible for ensuring zero findings during annual compliance audits.
- Responsible for Environmental corporate compliance scorecard.
- Leads overall safety program ensuring that recordable/lost time rates are best in class and worker's compensation cost are low.
- Maintains positive employee relations but ensures compliance through disciplinary measures when required
- Leads emergency incidents regarding safety, environmental, security and facilities 24/7
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years in a managerial role in a manufacturing facility
- 3-5 years' experience in leading compliance with environmental, safety, health and facilities local, state and federal regulations.
- Prior experience in leading during an emergency/critical incident
- Prior experience in leading others to complete projects on-time and on-budget
Visit our websites at www.amstedrail.com to find out more about what makes our workplace special, whether it is being an employee-owner, our active commitment to employee development, or simply enjoying the view of our park-like campus with our scenic stream and fishing pond and expansive grounds which are home to geese year-round! With barely a 30-minute commute from Richmond, we are easy to get to via both I-95 and I-295.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://amstedindustries.contacthr.com/62291380.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://amstedindustries.contacthr.com/62291380
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :