Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington
The Facilities Support Technician is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of organization facilities/grounds/equipment required for the safe, effective, and efficient operation of the organization and the people the organization serves. The position will engage in a rage of responsibilities from housekeeping to handyperson duties.
- Inspects building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares and paints various surfaces and paints structures and equipment (e.g. walls, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable work environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, waiting rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
This position requires travel to other PPMW sites for the performance of agency duties.
Pay: $45,000 - $55,000Apply Here
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :